There is a bunch of different useful tips you really want to know about managing your computer. Check them out to make your life easier.
- always turn off your computer when you want to clean anything on the surface or inside;
- you can use a vacuum cleaner on the surface to suck in the dirt, but do not use it for inside, because it generates static electricity that can mess with the performance of the hardware;
- be careful with liquids for cleaning and always use protective gloves: many people have an allergy because such liquids include really strong components;
- try to avoid eating or drinking near the computer (although most people always do that);
- limit smoking near your PC or laptop;
- pay special attention to cleaning the keyboard and mice, especially if they are used by several people in the family. Those things usually spread bacteria more than a toilet seat;
Now when we’re done with hardware, check out some software tips and tricks.
Software and Shortcuts
The most needed computer tips are more about using smart ways to do things faster or to do very useful things you could never think about doing while they are convenient. Check this list out:
- if Google Chrome freezes, open the task manager with Shift + Esc;
- if you want to grad several tabs simultaneously to a new window, press Ctrl + Click on the tabs you are planning to move;
- if you do not have a VPN but want to reach out to a geographically blocked page, copy the page’s URL, translate it in the Google Translate, choose the language of the country the website of which you want to access as the destination language, and click on the translated link;
- if you want to highlight text on the web page, instead of dragging the mouse all over the place, use Shift + Click and click at the beginning and end of the text you need;
- to paste the text into a new place without the initially copied formatting, Ctrl + Shift + V will help you out;
- to improve the quality of the Wi-Fi signal, download the software called Virtual Router; this will also increase the extent of the reach of your home network;
- when your friends visit your house and want to use your Wi-Fi signal, sharing the password sometimes seems too long or even impossible if you, as most of the hosts, do not remember the password. The fastest way is to generate a QR code, print it out and hang on the wall;
There are hundreds of other tricks one can apply to make their lives and work easier with any PC or laptop. If you often experience difficulties managing your software, perhaps learning a dozen or two of such shortcuts is a good idea that will eventually make you feel like a computer wizard.